Thursday, December 30, 2010
In late 2009 at the Wealth Masters M2 conference I saw a lady called Gwen Olsen speak about the dangers of prescription drugs; she was particularly well-qualified to talk since she was once a salesperson for the pharmaceutical industry.  She got out of the industry after becoming concerned at the practices of the industry and, closer to home, she lost a family member to prescription drugs.  With that in mind, the news that the EU are to crack down on herbal remedies is alarming. I am not a fervent believer in alternative medicine myself, but this looks to me like a protectionist ploy aimed at making sure only those 'remedies' provided by the large companies (the same ones Gwen Olsen warns about in her book) get to the public at large.

Something she said that day still sticks with me: your body is capable of healing itself - provided it's looked after well.  I'd like to think this law has been passed for the good of the ordinary people, but I fear it's more to do with eliminating a growing culture of alternative medicine. If people realise they do not need prescription pills for every ailment, the large pharmaceutical companies have a problem. When only their voice is being heard by decision-makers, it is the rest of us who have the problem.  As I say, I'm not a massive advocate of alternative therapies, but I am concerned when all forms of medicine are being controlled by the same corporations.

If this is something that concerns you too, I recommend taking a look at Gwen Olsen's website and getting a former insider's perspective on this industry.

--

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
ronster500
Formerly an IT worker, now venturing into the exciting world of Web Marketing. http://www.ronniesoo.com http://www.facebook.com/ronaldpaulsoo
View my complete profile

Followers

Internet marketing!